Saturday, August 13, 2005

Welsh Rare Beat



I remember ages ago (about 2 or 3 years ago) I mentioned that Andy Votel was going to do a record label called Finders Keepers. Anyway, the third release from this label is out on Monday. It's called Welsh Rare Beat and it sounds wicked. Lots of mad Welsh tunes which sound cracking to me. Gruff Rhys from the Super Furry Animals has helped out as well! Check it out from Monday in all good record stores. The cd version has 1 more track than the vinyl version.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rhys Wynne said...

I heard Mr Votel DJing in a Gruff Rhys gig during the Eisteddfod a few weeks ago and I've heard a few of the tracks on Radio Cymru (BBC's Welsh Language Radio Station). I like this kind of thing where old Welsh song's form 60's and 70's are remixed. 'Y Lladron' (The Thieves) do a similar thing, but mixing them with songs by contemporary Welsh bands.
Here's some links to Welsh blogs. Hover over some of the links to see which are mps files.
http://poppeth.blogspot.com/2004/11/lladratar-lladron_26.html#comments
http://morfablog.com/archif/2004/03/24/pwy-ywr-lladron/

11:10 am  
Blogger dusted said...

Wicked!

Cheers man. This is an excellent compilation. It is mental! I really like it and I ended up playing a few tracks on my radioshow this week as well.

Thanks for the heads up.

8:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home